Palest Ink

I have one small New Year's resolution this year. There probably won't be any big goals for me in the upcoming months. I was just telling a friend yesterday that a good day for me used to be getting up early, accomplishing my to-do list, staying on schedule, and having the satisfaction of getting much done. However, a good day has become keeping my family fed and clothed, loving my husband and girlies, reading a short bit, and remembering truth. Pretty simple, huh? But it's all part of the humbling process of the Lord showing me what is really important in life. There is not much more than I can do right now.

To add to that short list, my resolution is to start a blessings journal this year. I got the idea sometime in November from a friend. Initially it was too hard to write with pen and paper, but I want to try again. I was freshly motivated by a little saying I read on the back of a tea bag the other day. On these chilly days I stay warm by sipping tea all day long. And ya know how many tea companies are now putting little sayings on the back of their tea bags? Some are pretty pathetic, others are actually good. So, the other day I came across this one...

"The palest ink is better than the best memory." Wise saying from the Orient.

My memory is worthless right now, so all the more reason to be writing to remember. So here is what I want my resolution to look like: Every evening before I get in bed, I want to jot down the things the Lord did that day to reveal Himself to me...just a few sentences will do. Along with this blog, I want use these tools to help me remember and to build my faith. I realize I can only blog so much and there are so many other countless ways the Lord is providing for me and helping me each and every day. Even if my ink is pale, my journal is covered in tear marks, and my handwriting is poor from a tired hand, may I do it to remember knowing my memory won't be able to.

And may this serve my soul in cultivating a grateful heart for all the abundant blessings in my life...for they are many.

Cooper Family  – (2:20 PM)  

Good Heather. I think that will serve you as you are continually lifting your eyes heavenward.
I think that is a wonderful new year's resolution.
Praying for you.
Love you

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP