Octavius Winslow

I am growing pretty fond of Octavius Winslow. He and Spurgeon have probably served me the most in this season. I have come across some quotes from him lately, through friends and his book, Morning Thoughts. I think it might be out of print, but there are still some copies floating around that you can purchase. You can also download it here for free. Thanks, Megan, for helping me find this resource. And thanks for directing me to the quote below.

"For every possible circumstance in which you may be placed, the fullness of Christ and the supplies of the covenant are provided. That provision is only meted out as the occasions for whose history it was provided occur...Seen through the mist, the advancing object may appear gigantic in size, and gigantic in appearance; and yet the trouble you so much dread may never come; or coming, it will assuredly bring with it the 'word spoken in due season.' In the case of every child of God, calamity never comes alone; in invariably brings Jesus with it." Octavius Winslow | morning thoughts 1/14

I love that...calamity brings Jesus with it. How true that is.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP