Travis and Jonalee Earles

Today it has been 5 weeks since we lost our little one...the same amount of time that I had her and held her in my arms. It's a hard thought for me to process; the pain seems to increase with each passing day. And it's a day like today, when I have been more aware of postpartum hair loss kicking in and looking in the mirror and feeling like I have been aged by about 20 years through this, that I am reminded I need to give thanks.

Thankfulness is good for my soul. It doesn't minimize the pain or hurt in my heart, but I think in some way, it enables me to better glorify God. I don't need to think long or look far to realize HOW MUCH the Lord has done for us and used the lives of others to bless, serve and care for us.

Even now, amidst so many thoughts racing in my head, I look around my home and think of Travis and Jonalee Earles. I am aware that no one except our Lord knows how many hours they have served us. Dave and I go way back with Travis and Jonalee. However, over the past few years we have not really been in the same circle of friends. Once all this happened, they stepped in and gave of themselves in countless ways.

Jonalee was one of the ladies who headed up the work done on our house - she brainstormed, shopped, sewed, and used her gifts to put in hours of service for us. I don't even know all she did, but as the days go on I am learning more and more and am simply amazed. Travis was right beside her moving furniture, painting, putting up curtain rods, lights and, likewise, investing so much time.

Since we came home, they both have been over to minister, care for us and talk with us. The day we found out that Dave's grandfather had passed, Travis was here that very night to spent time with Dave. Jonalee has continued to serve by taking pictures for us, and helping me get them developed.

Trav and Jonalee - what friends you are! We are left more amazed at the gospel and of God's care because of you both. You have been a picture of the church in action. Thanks for demonstrating to a watching world and to us, your love for the Savior and your passion to give your lives away to see Him glorified. We are so grateful!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP