Helpful blog

Today I feel like I have experienced a whole new level of grief, sadness, fear and discouragement. I told Dave at one point today that I am so ready to give up...life scares me and my heart feels like it is going to explode from sadness and grief. I am so glad I know my Savior because if I didn't, I don't think I would make it through this year alive. Then, as I sat down to write this post, it dawned on me that today is Alivia's 3 month birthday. I think without even being actively aware of it, my mind really was. I often find myself avoiding knowing what day of the week or month it is, wanting to avoid the pain that sometimes comes with remembering.

I was doing some reading online today and came across Molly Piper's blog. She is the daughter-in-law of pastor and author, John Piper. They lost their baby girl in September 2007. She wrote a series on what to expect in grieving friends. I was so encouraged as I read all she had to say and found it extremely helpful. We seem very similar. I read most of her posts in this series, and everything she says is almost exactly what I have been experiencing. I kept thinking at times, "ok, this is normal." I think I have been often expecting too much from myself and feeling bad when I have days of not being able to do almost anything. I can relate to her sleeplessness, I can relate to her forgetfulness, I can relate to her experience of being humbled yet extremely grateful for all who have served, I can relate to so many of her feelings and experiences. As I read, it seemed almost as if she was writing for me.

So, I thought I would pass on a link to her series of posts on grieving. I feel almost selfish in doing so, but so many have asked how they can serve.

Mike and Sarah  – (3:46 PM)  

Heather,
Thank you for pointing out this blog - your friends definitely want to know how to serve you! I wanted to let you know that it is NOT selfish at all to give us some direction on what cares for you best. And be encouraged - your friend Eva C already sent this link out to the CG ladies many weeks ago to help us know how to serve you. (I just wanted you to be aware of Eva's thoughfulness and care that you might not have been aware of.) But it is good to hear it from you, too.
Much Love - Sarah T

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP