Sacrifice of praise

I am learning, in a whole new way, what Scripture means when it says to, "offer up a sacrifice of praise to God..." Hebrews 13:15. In the midst of all this inexpressible pain, I know I must still praise my Savior and I am seeking to do so with all the strength that He provides because I have none on my own.

I have been listening to and singing he following song, by Mercy Me, every time I am in the car. I listened to it for the first time since all this happened on Sunday, when Dave and I ran an errand together. Tears just flowed down my face as I sang and offered it as a sacrifice of praise to God. So now, when I am in the car, I play it over and over and over again. The other day I literally was just waiting for Mckenna to start complaining that she was hearing repeated so much. But, instead, when the next song came, she asked if she could hear it again. She said, "I want to hear that song again, mamma, cause I want to learn about Jesus." Then she proceeded to say, "I want to hear that song all day long cause I want to learn more about Jesus." I don't know what is going on in her mind and what she understands of all these circumstances, but I do know the Lord is at work...and I was encouraged.

Today, we again were playing it in the car and she said, "this is my favorite song cause I want to praise Jesus...that pleases God, right mom?" I said, "you are right, Mckenna, it pleases Him so much." Then I heard her little voice start to sing along.

"Lord, may you indeed be pleased by our sacrifices of praise to you. And on days like today, when I feel like my heart is going to fall out and when I miss my little baby so much it hurts, may our praise be a means of comfort and help to our souls...and most of all, may you be glorified."

Bring the Rain, by Mercy Me

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You


Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP