Falling leaves

I woke up this morning and looked out my bedroom window. The last time we were here in our home, the trees were full of beautiful colored leaves of yellow, crimson and orange. I remember thinking how grateful I was to have such views from my bedroom window and to be able to enjoy the beauty from my home.



However, today, almost 2 weeks later, I looked out and almost all the leaves have fallen from the trees and they look so bare, cold, empty and frail. I thought what a picture that was of what I was feeling. My heart aches beyond words.



Then the Lord brought this thought to mind...the trees will go through a long, cold winter that may seem to never end. BUT, fruit will be born again in the spring. The tress will warm once again and leaves will bud and spring forth. It brought hope to me. I know there is no timetable for this grieving process and I will never get over not having my precious baby with me. However, I am trusting that the Lord will bring forth fruit from this trial - may our hearts draw nearer to the Savior, know more of Him and love Him more. May we learn more about, dream more of, and long deeper for heaven. May we draw closer to each other in our family and to our friends. And may others come to know the saving knowledge of our Savior through this trial. That is the fruit I am praying and hoping for. And as the spring brings new warmth and beautiful leaves, may the fruit of this trial help warm our painful, grieving hearts in the days ahead and be beautiful in our gracious Savior's eyes as well in ours.

Please continue to pray for us...

liqidimond  – (12:48 PM)  

Well said my friend. So encouraging to hear how God is speaking to you.

Heather  – (1:16 PM)  

Heather, you said yesterday about someone who sent you a card, "This lady is close to her Savior." Tis the same about you. thank you for looking at life through the lens of the Gospel. Love you and miss you sooooo much!

Heather  – (1:17 PM)  

whoops. I guess you're still logged in on my computer... that was me, Esther.

Cara  – (1:32 PM)  

We are praying as often as we think of you, Heather... and that is very often! Thank you for opening your heart to us here. It helps us so, and brings glory to our God.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP