Baby steps

From the beginning, Jenni has encouraged me to focus on taking simple baby steps. What that means is focusing and relying on grace for just the next minute or 5 minutes...and only doing small things. There are times I am not sure I can even get out of a chair to go get one of the girls a drink, change Selah's diaper, or even think about making a decision. BUT, in those times I need to remind myself, "Baby steps, Heather, baby steps...there is grace to get this drink or change that diaper." And I find that as I do, grace meets me, strengthens my weak body and soul and enables me to take that baby step. It is more challenging and harder than I could ever have imagined...yet I know and am experiencing grace to be greater.

So, some of the baby steps I can give thanks to God for include:
*making breakfast for my family
*doing dishes
*cleaning my bathroom
*going to church
*tucking my girls into bed
*laughing with friends

Some even harder ones:
*being able to hold some of Alivia's clothes and weeping
*when I pass by a stroller, continuing to walk, when I want to fall
*answering Mckenna or Selah when they ask, "where is the baby, momma?"

Doubt and fear are ever near, but I know there is grace for these baby steps and I trust grace will continue to meet me. I am coming to know what it really means to live by grace alone and that I can take no credit for anything I do.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP