Summer updates

It's hard to believe August is almost here! The summer has flown by, particularly these past few weeks. Two weeks ago the girls and I went down to see my dad. We had a great time. I left my camera down there and so will have to wait to share pictures.

It's been awhile since I have posted...I have gone from one thing to another health wise and, in the midst of it all, realizing how much I take my health for granted and how grateful I am to not have chronic or life long issues. I came home with a bad cold that quickly turned into a sinus infection and had me laid out for a week. Then some pregnancy issues have come up which are sending me to more doctor visits. But I am doing well. It's just been awhile since I have had a spare moment to post or really do much...well, that's not exactly true....

Much of my spare time, when I have been feeling well, has found me busy away at projects for the house and thinking through what I can do for a little or no money ;o). Shortly after we moved in, I started on the girls bedroom furniture. It all had to be refinished. That was a job! Mckenna's old dresser and nightstand had to be stripped down of all the numerous layers of paint and then repainted. Then I had found these matching beds at an antique store over in Lucketts VA., one for Mckenna and one for Selah. They had to be repainted too. But it's all done now and Dave set them up this past weekend. Mckenna was so excited about her "new" bed! The kept thanking us profusely! We are still working on getting a mattress for Selah's bed, but she is eager to be in with Mckenna in their new room. So, we are in the process of putting together their room and the baby's room. It's slow around here, but we are having fun doing it. Those two rooms were my goals to get done before baby comes. Who knows when we'll get the other rooms done, but find myself thinking through all the possibilities of colors, decorating schemes, etc.

Dave has the girls out tonight on a date! They were so excited. I am getting an hour or two to some peace and quiet...it's nice.

We don't have many plans for the rest of the summer. In fact, it's been a pretty low key summer for us, which has been nice and necessary, as we are trying to get settled. I think we are going to try to make it down to my dads one more time this summer. Then it will be count down for baby girl #3!

C.  – (11:19 AM)  

I miss your blog.... will you be writing anything soon?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP