Packing up!

In about 3 weeks we'll be moving out of our home. It's very bittersweet. We have come to so love this place! We still have not found a house yet, but will be staying in temporary housing until we find our next home. We are hoping the Lord will provide something soon, but are trusting in His timing.

Most of my spare time has been spent packing up boxes lately. There is great benefit in moving, in that you get to organize, and purge. It's a great thing!

However, I don't always have that perspective and have often found myself discouraged by the task of packing up the house. One night, I was sitting at the kitchen table, so exhausted from the day, feeling sick and a bit discouraged. Mckenna came up to me and asked what was wrong. I gave a little sigh and just said, "oh, mama just has so much to do." She must have known that I meant packing, cause she said, "C'mon, mom, let's go downstairs and clean up....I'll help you." Knowing that the toys downstairs were cleaned up, I asked..."what do you mean, sweetie?" She replied, "I'll help you put all the things in the boxes so you don't have too much to do...c'mon mom, l'll help you." It was too sweet. She then leaned up and gave me a snuggle and a kiss on my cheek. How I love that little girl!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP