A whoops, oops, accident day.

It's good...I am already looking back on the day and laughing. But just a few hours ago, I was crying! The morning started off pretty uneventful. We got through breakfast and then I told the girls to go upstairs for a bath and cleaning rooms.

Accident #1: I was putting away laundry while the girls were in the tub, when I heard Mckenna scream, "Mom, Selah has poop!" Did she ever. It was all over in the tub. It was the loose, clumpy kind, that is hard to fetch after with a baggy (sorry for all the details). I quickly picked the girls up out of the tub to stand on the bathroom floor while I ran around for supplies to clean it up. Soon, all was well and the girls were back in the tub...only for me to hear again, "Mom, Selah pooped again!" This time not so bad...only a few small ones. Got that cleaned up and I got the girls all cleaned. Fast forward a few hours...

Whoops #2: It's now 1:30pm and Selah is VERY ready for a nap. She is fussy and tired and I get her put down. She is just getting into a good sleep when Mckenna drops a play teapot from the breakfast bar, about 4 feet to the ground, while we are finishing up school. The teapot is a pretty good size and comes crashing down with a BIG boom. Mckenna covers her ears from the noise and quickly says, "Sorry mom!" I put my head in my hands as I hear Selah begin to wail. I quickly usher Mckenna up to her room for her rest time and come back downstairs to get Selah some milk, hoping that will help her get back to sleep.

Ooops #3: I reach in the fridge to grab the milk, which is on a shelf on the door. Not realizing that it gets caught on the lip of the shelf, I pull it out and the whole shelf cracks in half (they don't make appliances like they used to ;o), and down it comes along with a whole 1/2 gallon of OJ that I just made. OJ goes EVERYWHERE....the whole 1/2 gallon of it. It slithers under the fridge and into the pantry to meet all my cookbooks, address book, and birthday book who willingly begin to soak up the sticky liquid. Not knowing what to do...I just cry. First I go ahead and get some milk to Selah. It helps to calm her down, while I clean up the mess. It ended up being a great lesson for me. As I cleaned up the mess, I decided to think of all the worse circumstances I could easily be in and then all the things I was grateful for at that moment. That was PURE grace...and helped redirect my thoughts away from my little inconvenient situation.

Now, it's quiet in the house as I get ready to go off for a ladies meeting. I am grateful for another day of not getting much done (at least the things that I would have liked to get done) because again the Lord has taught me the importance of submitting to His will for my day and being grateful for all the grace that the day held...and I AM so grateful for that grace!

All my cookbooks airing out!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP