Preschool update

We are continuing to plug away in preschool. Mckenna continues to just love it. We are starting the letter "E" this week.

One recent fun activity we did was on the letter "D." I pulled out a bunch of change and I was seeking to teach Mckenna the names of each coin. Then I asked her which one started with the letter D and had her to count out 10 dimes. I then tried to explain that 10 makes one dollar. I don't think she quite grasped the concept, but I told her that there is a store where you can pick out anything for one dollar. Her eyes got big. I then mentioned that I would take her there and she could pick out something.

So, today we ventured out so she could pick out something. She brought her purse that we had put the dimes in. Once we got there she quickly found a Disney princess figurine and decided that is what she wanted. When we got up to pay, she opened up her purse and no dimes! I asked her where they were and and she had no idea...that's my girl! I had to laugh....she loves to spend mama's money! But we had a fun time. To this hour, I still don't know where those dimes are ;o)

I love Mckenna's love for learning and hope it continues for years to come.

Cooper Family  – (1:09 PM)  

Hopefully you won't discover the dimes in Selah's diapers! Or worse yet, in your cigarette lighter - which is where we found the two pennies that Joshua had shoved in there and short circuited the whole electrical component of Craig's car!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP