Canning, a fun fall activity

Last night, thanks to Jerusha, I made my first attempt at canning. It's something that I have always been curious about, but always intimidated by. She assured me how easy it was, so I decided to give it a try. It seemed like a fun fall activity.

For me there was definitely a bit of a learning curve and I think I had to go back and ask her questions 3 times before I was done. It is a little time consuming (I was up till almost midnight last night), but not hard to do. What did I can? Yep, you guessed it...applesauce!

I'll definitely try it again. I look forward to the day when my girls are old enough and we can do it together. It was surprisingly fun, knowing and amazed at the fact that what I just put in a can, is able to stay fresh for months, even years to come. That amazes me!

liqidimond  – (11:18 PM)  

so how do you can?

Evy  – (9:23 AM)  

That's what I was gonna ask too! How do you can?

Heather  – (8:57 AM)  

basically you just get some canning jars, wash them real well, boil them (in most cases) and then fill with whatever you want to can, and boil. the boiling time varies depending on what's inside. you can probably find out more online, but that's about it!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP