According to Mckenna

I have not posted one of these in awhile and Dave has been encouraging me to do so...just so we don't forget this sweet season Mckenna is in. She still says such the cutest things.

So, today we went outside to collect some leaves. This fall has brought some of the most beautiful foliage that I can remember. Considering the drought we had, I didn't expect much color, but I am once again amazed at the creativity of our God. I know I am getting sidetracked here, but yesterday we were driving back from Damascus, and a few times I was tempted to just pull over to admire the views...everything was painted such deep colors of reds, oranges and yellows. And today, after we collected leaves, I sat and admired one which was such a deep and beautiful red. I thought that just a few months ago, this leaf was bright green...amazing! How awesome of God to bless us once a year with such beauty before all the leaves fall.

Ok, back to my story...we brought the leaves inside, put some in books to press, did some leaf rubs with crayons, and then glued some leaves to paper. While I was explaining how to do leaf rubs, I started a few for her and then encouraged her to do it. She looked at it, put her head down, frowned, and said "I very can't do it, mom." I started to laugh and she said again, "I very can't it, mom." We both laughed together!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP