Crazy mom!

I think I have reached that "crazy mom" stage. Ya know, doing the things I thought I never would. Here's an example....for those of you who know Selah, know that she often is not a very content baby. So just a few days ago, I was so desperate to get a load of laundry folded without hearing the familiar wails in the background, that I offered her some crackers. Of course she wanted the whole box, and here was my crazy thought "sure, why not?" Yes, she proceeded to turn the box upside down and pleasantly shake it, so every last cracker was conveniently scattered over the basement carpet. My crazy thought - "great, she's happy!" I did get that load folded and Selah was as happy as ever. The crackers stayed there for another 2 days or so (again, crazy!), with all of us crushing them further and grinding them into the carpet. But by the time I got around to vacuuming, the carpet didn't look so bad. You see, every time Selah went downstairs she paused, got down in her cute little toddler squat and had another little snack and I didn't stop her a bit...again, crazy mom!

ploon  – (2:55 PM)  

YES!!!! You finally got "one of those kids" and you have finally become like the rest of us!!!!!

Jerusha  – (3:17 PM)  

So funny! Glad you have joined the other crazy moms.

Unknown  – (3:54 PM)  

This is so funny to read, Heath, and I know that Kel and Esther are jumping for joy, saying, "She's finally arrived!!!!"

liqidimond  – (9:03 PM)  

Wow that's growth Heath. You actually have stale crumbs on your floor!!

Jen  – (7:26 AM)  

As I read this I was reminded of how challenging Kendal was. Oh thank God those days are behind us.

The Dabbondanzas  – (1:09 PM)  

Praise the Lord that I'm not alone...it's good to know that it's OK to leave crumbs around. Heather, your post is encouraging me to spend time with my kids today instead of frantically clean my kitchen--thank you! :)

C.  – (6:14 PM)  

Oh Dear... it's strange to see mom's encouraging each other for embracing unsanitary and unhealthy beahavior in her children...I've got a lot to learn before our baby girl comes! (so, food off the floor, check) Thanks for the laugh... and by the way, Sunday's Washington Post comic strip, Baby Blues, was exactly for you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP