FLOWERS!

I love spring and summer and I love the flowers that it brings! I have been slowly learning more and more about gardening over the past few years and it's now probably become one of my favorite things to do in the warmer months. Dave graciously puts up with all my crazy ideas of what I want to plant next or dig up or replant!

Anyway, today I took both girls out to go pick out some annuals for containers around the house. It's probably the last time I will take both girls to do this. It was a little difficult to think straight about what I was picking out. Mckenna was fussy, Selah was screaming and leaving a huge trail of prezels that she was dropping from the cart as we walked along....which made Mckenna whine even more because the snack bag was quickly getting depleted! It probably was quite the scene for anyone looking on. At one point I was trying to look at my list and read a plant tag, without realizing that my cart (with little Selah in it) was picking up speed and moving toward the road. Some guy, turned to me and said, "umm...ma'am." At that point I realized that I just needed to grab anything I could find and wrap up my trip ;o). After planting what I purchased, I realized that some of the flowers were probably not the best choice, but they'll do for this year! And next year....well, maybe the girls will stay home with papa!

All that to say that I really did enjoy the fact that Mckenna is loving flowers too! And wanted to help in anyway she could to pick them out and help me plant. She's definitely my little helper. After we got home, I put Selah down for a nap, and she helped me unload the flowers and plant them. That was fun!

The end of our adventure!

My little helper

After we were done, Mckenna had little speckels of dirt stuck to her sweaty face. Too cute!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP