Another scare!

Well, Selah is at it again. Before I say more, let me say this: Mckenna is a lot like her cousin Keenan...easy, predictable, compliant, stays away from danger, etc. Then, for Mark and Kel, came Larsen. He was a bit more challenging, but that was nothing until along came Ty. He is into EVERYTHING and anything he can get his hands on and it's non-stop. It's kinda like one of those action-packed movies where you are on the edge of your seat, waiting for something dramatic or disasterous to happen. Yep, that's the way it is with Ty, but you can't even sit on the edge of your seat. Might as well not even sit down!

So a few nights ago, when I saw Selah Grace reaching for the diswasher to explore it as I was loading it up (with Ty around, don't even try to open your dishwasher to even put anything in!) this thought came to mind: I think we skipped the "Larsen" and went straight to Ty!!! Yes, Selah is a lot like Ty.

Ty locks himself in the house and necessitates a 911 call. Shortly afte that Selah finds herself a nice little candy wrapper and conveniently chokes on it, also requiring a call to 911. And just yesterday, I was upstairs getting dressed as Mckenna was playing with Selah on our main level. I heard something like a "thump, thump....boom" followed by a cry. Then I heard Mckenna say, "Mom, she fell." I come running downstairs and Mckenna is on the couch, playing with...something. I don't see Selah anywhere, but here her crying. I quickly, to my horror, realize the crying is coming from down in the basement. Yep, she managed to fall down the entire flight of stairs. My heart sank. She wasn't crying too hard, more just whinning. I think she was a little in shock. I picked her up and she put her head on my shoulder. After a call the doctor and a few smiles later, we realized, by much grace, she is just fine. But another scare it was. We're grateful to the Lord that our little girl was protected.

So, now we are on a mission to get a few gates for our house. Didn't need any of those for Mckenna!

ploon  – (2:54 PM)  

My wish came true :)

C.  – (4:04 PM)  

As a sister, I feel compelled to ask...doesn't Selah have Dave's skull in this picture? Seriously. I'm so relieved she's ok! Whew!

Rachel  – (4:37 PM)  

Wow, Heather, looks like you have your hands full! We miss seeing you guys! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP