Another laundry story

It is amazing what laundry can reveal in me! I think the Lord is after something. Yesterday our only 1-year-old washer decided it didn't want to work anymore. It was in the middle of a cycle. I was getting a code on the front of it. So, I took out my handy troubleshooting guide to interpret the code. It meant something was wrong with the drain hose. It said to check and see if it's clogged, kinked or not mounted correctly...that's all it said...no more instructions or hints. So, I was able to find the hose, but it is completely attached to the washer. There were no instructions on how to TELL if it's clogged, and what in the world does "kinked" mean? And how do I know if it's mounted correctly? Little help was that. So, I then went to check when we purchased it last year, hoping that maybe our warranty was still in affect. Turns out, it just expired 2 weeks ago! So, with soaking wet laundry (white essentials!) and a puddle of water still in the washer, I called Dave who said to wait until he got home to do anything.

Up until this point I was doing ok with it, but after coming home and looking at it, Dave too could not fix it. Then I started to feel the anger rising inside and was not even appreciative of Dave wanting to help me wring out the wet laundry.

So, this morning this Scripture came to mind: "The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance." Ps. 16:5-6. Even if my "lot" for this week is laundry mishaps, well, it is a pleasant place because the Lord is at work in my heart in the midst of it all. So, I can rejoice at this!

I am so grateful that my sister is so close...tonight you could have found me at my sister's finishing up my white load in her washer and dryer. How often she comes to the rescue! I have much to be grateful for!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP