Just like mommy does

This morning, like many mornings, Mckenna watched me give Selah Grace a bath, in between running around upstairs doing "this and that." I didn't realize, until today, how close she has been watching ;o)...

I'll first give you a little background information. Starting last week, Mckenna discoverd something. If she drags the kitchen stool into the bathroom it enables her to reach the sink and wash her hands all by herself (a.k.a. play in the water ;o).

So, late morning today I was checking email and Mckenna informed me that she was going to wash her hands after having had lunch. "Great" I thought, "saves me from having to wipe her down." After a few minutes...well probably more like 10 minutes, I realized I should go check on her. I went in to bathroom to find her with her baby doll in hand, full of suds and totally submerged in water and water all over! She looked up at me and said, "all washed up, mom." She had even gotten the hand towel off the rack and was trying to gently wash her...it really was so cute!

I was laughing and giggling inside and encouraged her for taking such care of her baby. I helped her wash all the suds off the baby doll and then swattled the baby all up in the towel. I told Mckenna that I thought the baby was probably tired after all that! She crattled the baby in her arms and said, "baby go to bed, k mom?" she walked upstairs and put the baby to bed! I then told Mckenna that next time, please ask mom before giving the baby a bath ;o)

I wanted to record this cute event so as not to forget precious moments like these!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP