Week 9, new expectations

Expectations can be a trap for me. I want something to go a certain way. Then, it doesn't. And a struggle begins in my heart. It's usually not pretty! But why did I expect it in the first place? Because I've let the past dictate. Or because the Jones' do this or that. Or because I'm living outside my gifting or season I'm in. It can be for many reasons.

I could have had a lot of expectations for this Christmas season. I usually do. But this year I had to reset those expectations.  I'm so glad I did. Doing less, thinking more. It's been very good for me, for my family.

There still has been much to do. It's been busy. But I have to say it's been a much more peaceful season for me. I've actually been amazed at how much has gotten done for the little planning that was accomplished. And because of the the little thing we now have called the internet. It does help simplify at times. Most of the cookies are baked, shopping is done, tree is decorated, and we're gearing up for our trip back to Maryland next week.

In the next few posts or so, I can't wait to share what my girls did for Christmas this year {with a little help from mom and dad.} More to come on that!

For now, here are a few things I gave thanks for this past week.

*my sister's heroic service
*9 years of Mckenna's life
*horses
*watching my girls enjoy a horse ride
*ice cream, so sweet
*birthday candles that celebrate life
*neighbors
*puffy clouds
*70 degree day!
*the Lord who speaks
*God's sovereignty
*sugar
*beef stock, simmering on stove
*energy for my day
*gingerbread
*provision of food
*a developing grateful heart
*peace, amidst the Christmas season
*a to-do list, done
*the sounds of littles giggling
*mercy when I fall again
*friends for dinner
*joy of Addie
*good news of friend's engagement
*recovery + healing {stomach bug}

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP