Week 7

This past week was a gift. And I gave thanks for it. It was so wonderful to be able to go back home to Maryland and see my family. I have never gone so long a stretch without seeing my sister. We had a great time and made memories.  As is usually the case, it went by way too fast. But the drive there and back went well and I'm definitely up for doing it again in 3 short weeks.

Something wonderful happened this past week. It happened a few times. I found myself, at different times, spontaneously giving thanks. When there was not anything particular to think about I thought about all the Lord has done and gave him thanks. A great work of His grace.

I brought my "One Thousand Things" journal with me, but didn't pull it out once while away. Not because I didn't want to, but the days were busy. This morning I took time to catch up.

*girls who are learning to help
*happy girls
*a reminder to pray, not use my strength
*Addie's hugs
*a walk outside + the blue sky
*a heart beginning to spontaneously give thanks
*a safe trip home
*wonderful time with family
*God's purposes over mine
*He uses weak, broken things
*moments to savor my girls
*my sister's heroic service
*His work in my big girl's heart
*Wallenmeyers
*Selah's doll, the exact one
*successful shopping trip with all the girls
*God's healing to my heart
*health
*a husband who trusts the Lord
*friends who encourage


Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP