"Alivia note"

Every year since Alivia passed, on November 2, I find a note at her gravesite. It's from Esther. She writes Alivia a note and leaves it there. It always brings me to tears. This year I wasn't there to get it. But my sister, who never ceases to amaze and care for me, mailed it. This past week I received it. It meant more than ever. I'm so thankful for Esther, I'm thankful for her care and I'm thankful for her notes every year.

Dear Alivia,

This year, as I remember you it does my soul so much good to think about you. I realize that you never knew what it meant to not be dependent. You went from a bunch of loving arms to THE loving arms of the Father who we all are so anticipating to meet! I want to be like you; Always knowing my need for help, not fighting for independence, enjoying completely the embrace of those who love me and only know the simplicity of life. We adults have made things so complicated! As these years have passed, its strange. Your life and death has become more of a reality to me. I think because I've been carrying you on my heart so much I feel like I know you - imagining you now in earth years. Well, I bet you are baking in Jesus and His embrace. I just want to hug you so bad.

Love, Emo


Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP