3 years

It's been 3 years since Alivia was given to us for 5 short weeks. I'll never forget the day she entered our lives. Today we celebrated her birthday, and at the same time grieved her loss. It was a day full of mixed emotions for me, like nothing I think I've ever experienced. From kissing my newborn baby's tender cheeks and being amazed at her life one moment, to then feeling the pain of missing the one that I only got to hold for such a short time...


Despite how challenging work has been for Dave, he fought hard to take today off and did! It was great to spend the day with the family. We headed out this morning to visit the cemetery. It just happened that Alivia's stone was finally installed this past weekend. The timing was perfect. It's been a very long haul for us to get this memorial stone in place. And it was so wonderful to drive up and see it siting there, in memory of our little girl.

Throughout the day a few very faithful friends stopped by with pink flowers, gifts and notes to express care. And so many emails filled our inboxes from those remembering with us. I never cease to be amazed at how many friends do remember and take the time to express their care. It just shouts the Father's love to us and helps carry the burden that we still feel from our loss.

This afternoon we took the big girls out to the mall. Since we were celebrating Alivia's birthday, but could not give gifts to her, Dave told Mckenna and Selah that he wanted to get a gift for each of them to make the day special. They rode the train around the mall, got candy from the candy store and picked out a gift. It was a great memory! My heart was very full as we drove away with their smiling faces. They were obviously very tickled by their presents and sugar highs!

We came home to my sister at the house, with a wonderful meal made. She never ceases to amaze me by her care. Then this evening we sat around the table and just chatted and then I took time to look at pictures. A sweet day...remembering.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Selah picked flowers to put on Alivia's stone...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Alisha O'Halloran  – (7:33 AM)  

These pictures are so pretty Heather. My heart and my thoughts were with you yesterday...this has surely been a season of loss over the past few years. But, God is good and He has good plans for us. Thankful for His grace and mercy.

Amy  – (8:53 AM)  

Thanks for sharing these with us, Heather. I looked at the pictures through tears. Alivia's gravestone is beautiful, and with all the life surrounding her resting place, I can't help but think of the day when you will all be reunited again.

Love you guys.

Davis Fam  – (9:23 AM)  

Castro Fam, we have been thinking of you guys. hurting and hopeful with you. praying for much peace and delight as you await the coming day. may the lord give you strength and bless you peace. I love the pictures, like Amy said, it sure is a beautiful spot. longing for heaven and home with you!

Jerusha  – (1:12 PM)  

Such bittersweet pictures, like Amy I viewed them with tears. The marker you have picked out is lovely and I hope that as you visit it as a family in the years to come it will always draw your eyes to the Savior who sustains you and to the hope you have of being together again one day.

C.  – (3:17 PM)  

I've had many tears over the past few days as I remembered her sweet little fluffy red hair, and little life and these pictures are so precious. There are no words...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP