Thinking on heaven

Our past week has been full of heavy hearted moments. Our church family lost 2 very dear members. One was a father, husband, and friend named John Spiro who was in his 50's, he died of ALS. The other was a young daughter, sister and friend, named Amy Calderone just 19 years old. She passed away from a brain hemorrhage.

All week I thought about posting, but didn't really know what to say. We didn't know them well, but the past week I spend many a moment praying, some crying. One person asked me if it was hard hearing about Amy, if it brought everything back that we've been through. Yes it does, but for me I think the hardest part was just contemplating another family having to walk this road of such deep pain.

However, being at the memorial services this weekend for these dear saints, was refreshing and provoking. Dave and I left, freshly aware of the brevity of life and encouraged by the way the Lord is meeting these families and, in ways, prepared them for these trials. Both John and Amy were both so hungry for heaven. Then yesterday, Josh Harris gave a phenomenal message on death and heaven in response to this past week. I left with so many mixed emotions and also encouraged as I thought on heaven.

Please pray for these two families as, in many ways, their grief has just begun and they have long roads to walk. Pray for sustaining grace and help from the Lord and that they would physically feel His presence carrying them.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP