Overdue update

I have so much to share, so much the Lord has done in our lives over the past number of months. I won't fit it all in this post, but will share as much as I can.

First, a little update on Addie that is way overdue. As of around the beginning of August Addie's rash completely disappeared. All except a very small patch on her cheek that sometimes breaks out, her rash is all gone! We could not be more grateful and it has made an immense difference in her comfort level and our schedule as well (we had to do so many baths and lotions, etc.). Thanks to all who prayed for her. We'll probably have her tested again next spring to see if her peanut allergy is gone, but other than that, she has no other known allergies and is a very happy and delightful girl.

Second is an update on Dave's job and what has transpired in the last few months. As many of you know, the past 2 years have been a real test for us financially as Dave has faced a number of challenges at the company he has given over 10 years of service to. Since Alivia's death, one difficult event after another at his work, made him question if he should look for another job elsewhere. This past spring, when we realized that we were sinking financially and could not carry on without a significant change, Dave started aggressively interviewing. The process of interviewing in sales is VERY time consuming. Dave had also recently taken a new position within his company that was incredibly demanding. He was gone almost every week. And the days he was home, he was at work early, would come home, eat dinner and then work till midnight searching for new job opportunities. It was very draining on us all. All the emotional exhaustion of not knowing what we would need to do in the upcoming days and not seeing Dave much, coupled with the physical exhaustion of a baby who continued to not sleep well made this very challenging for me. We had many discussions of where the Lord was leading...we even considered if we should sell our home. This went on for about 5 months.

So much of the past number of months is such a blur to me. If asked, I probably could not even tell you what we did over the spring and summer. We stayed home most of the time, as we were not able to fix our van which has needed thousands of dollars of work. It was so much easier for me to stay in and *just do the next thing.* Although at the same time, the demands of being an exhausted mom and not seeing Dave much was, at times, almost overwhelming for me.

After a number of upsets in the interviewing process and the drain it was taking on us all, Dave decided to give the intense interviewing a break for a number of weeks.

Then at the very end of September, Dave got an offer letter from IBM. On October 1st, I woke up late. I still remember looking at the clock and seeing 8am! Then I noticed a card sitting there...a birthday card. I literally had totally forgotten that it was my birthday. Dave had let me sleep in and it was the start of a day that was to be one of the most refreshing days I had had in such a long time. All morning Dave was in his office, wrestling with the offer letter and talking with people at his current company. He was getting tons of counsel from many sources. Around 1pm, Dave took care of the girls so I could go out to lunch with one of my dearest friends, Julie P. It had been so very long since we had just sat and talked...I shared so much with her about the past 2 years, these past months and all the Lord was doing in my heart. My soul was so encouraged from that time. I came home to find out that Dave had, indeed, accepted the offer with IBM!!! That night, Dave arranged a sitter and he took me to The Black Market Bistro (thanks to the Scheffersteins who gave us a gift card there last Christmas). We had a sweet time fellowshipping and rejoicing in the provision of the Lord in this job! Being able to get out 2 times in one day, spend time with 2 of my favorite people and to be so refreshed meant more than I have words for. It was a birthday I'll never forget.

And that leads me to today...the first day of Dave's new job at IBM. He is currently in New York as I write in training. It's a monumental day for all of us. I know there are many hurtles still for us, but we could not be more grateful to the Lord for this job and all the ways he has provided for us over the past months.

The other day Dave and I were chatting and considering this last year of our lives. He was looking over the numbers in our finances and commenting that the Lord has so carried us during this challenging season financially. When I consider it and look at the numbers it just doesn't make sense how we've done it. It's been hard, yes, but in looking back this season just speaks of God's provision and promises to me. Honestly, one of the hardest part of trials for me is just the pain. I don't think I often doubt God's goodness or why this or that is happening. but it's hard for me simply because it just hurts so much....losing our baby girl, and seeing the ripple effect and further hardship and pain it has brought to other areas of our lives. But, provision and needs - COMPLETELY MET! Yes, we still have a broken van, etc. but we have not missed a meal, our closets have clothes, and we have a roof over our head...and even in my hurt and emotional needs - He always seems to meet me in the toughest times. I hate that it hurts so much...the pain is overwhelming and lonely at times. But my fears are put to shame when I see the faithfulness of my Lord.

One final word to my husband. I hope he gets to read this tonight before he goes to bed - Dave, you are my hero! I am just amazed at the grace of God in your life and how you have cared for your family during these past months...yes, 2 years now. You have led us, and directed me back to our Savior, the One who is able to meet my every need, and you have encouraged my heart when I was tired and weary...more so than ever before in my life. Thank you for working so incredibly hard for your wife and girlies, doing so with joy, and fitting in time for us. Thanks also for taking this past week off. It has been a long whole year since you have been able to take a week off from work and the girls and I absolutely loved having you around the house... and going to lunch and the pumpkin patch! We love you so much!

DC  – (6:23 AM)  

...Love you so!

A.P.  – (3:49 PM)  

this is so encouraging, thank you for sharing, rejoicing with you and Dave with the new job!! if we were still in NY, we would have taken him out to dinner :) love and miss you guys.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP