Fair preparations

My girls love the fair! It's probably one highlight of their summer when they get to go and see all the animals, ride the ponies and enjoy lemonade.


This year we decided to enter a number of things in our county fair. Last week was very full of preparation...very full! So full that I realized when Thursday rolled around (the deadline for entering) that I had not planned well. I figured 2-3 days was sufficient for finishing up artwork, cutting out foam board for mounting, baking and filling out forms. What I failed to consider is just everyday life - tired girls, fussing and arguing, my big girl having a hard time deciding which picture to enter, a baby who was throwing up numerous times a day, trips to the grocery store for cake supplies we didn't have, a tired mind who tried to cut out foam board and talk on the phone at the same time...and then had to recut foam board. Yes, I should have allowed 2 weeks for this, but nevertheless, we got it all done, I was completely exhausted, but it was well worth it.

Today we go to see if we received any ribbons from our endeavors - 6 drawings, 8 photographs, 2 cakes and one jar of applesauce. Here are a few shots from last Wednesday.



Photobucket
(Notice the blue/green hue on Mckenna's face? Before baking she had just put on her make up)

Photobucket


Funny faces...
Photobucket



Photobucket


The best part...sitting down to enjoy the beaters!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I was so proud of my big girl! She pretty much baked her cake all by herself, with just minimal help from momma. She's growing up so fast.

Lola  – (12:44 AM)  

CONGRATS!! I saw on Charisa's page that there are some ribbons in your life!

And I say you let us blog watchers out here know which ones they were--please post them so we can rejoice in the eye the Lord has given you! It is NOT immodest since I am asking! Or maybe put them in an album on FB.

Pretty please? Pretending it's my birthday too along with Selah?

Love Carmen

Lola  – (12:46 AM)  

If you don't, I'll cry.
I'll also not tell you what I won a red ribbon for.

Ohhhhhh see I know you are curious AND tender hearted!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP