Carrying burdens

The following Scripture, which is on the side of my blog, has come to mind countless times of the past week,

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore..." Rev. 21:4

On days like this, it is the hope that I hold on to. A number of friends all around me are walking through significant trials and hardships and my heart is every so heavy for them. Yesterday I cried on and off all day. My heart hurts and I easily grow weary with this world. Heaven is what I long for, what I hope for and what I think about often.

To some of those around me who are suffering...
*Helen and Matt, I'm longing with you for the day when pain will be no more.
*Ed and Elizabeth, I'm longing with you for the day when death will be no more and we'll be with those we loved so much.
*Christy, I'm longing with you for the day when our weary hearts will cease.
*Jordan and Tali, I'm longing with you for the day when sickness will be gone.

A friend wrote the following to me today, "carrying others burdens is something God calls us to and we are given grace to do so and yet it's very hard.. Weighs us down... It's a lot of emotional work. I always pray that as I carry others burden that God would lighten that person's load as a result and I do believe He does.. "

What encouraging words for my heavy heart. With a very full and exhausting season right now, I feel so helpless and want to do so much more practically for those who I love and carry on my heart. But I'm human and limited and not able to do as much as I want. But I can pray and I can carry burdens to my Savior. As I seek to do that, I pray that it will, in some way, help lighten the load of these dear saints.

Tali Kauflin  – (7:32 PM)  

wow, Heather. I am so humbled that you carry us on your heart and so amazed at the grace of God in your life. Thank you sweet friend. We too long for that day.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP