Anniversary trip

Dave and I will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary next Monday, August 17th. It's hard to believe it's been 7 whole years! We celebrated a little early this year, going away for 2 nights this past week. We originally were going to go away for just Friday night, but the Lord blessed us with a wonderful deal and we were able to get away for both Thursday and Friday night.

We went to the Carrollton Inn, just 4 blocks away from the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. It was a wonderful Inn, the food was great, and we had an incredibly relaxing time. I told Dave that I don't think I have ever appreciated getting away as much as I did this time. This pregnancy has been a very challenging one in many ways, one of which is the physical toll it has had on me. So, just being able to relax, sit, read, talk with my husband, and not have any of the usual life demands on me was so refreshing. Kristen Snyder heroically took care of our girls the entire time we were gone. She did fun things with them, painted, colored, took them for ice cream and even cleaned and did laundry right before we returned - amazing girl! She never ceases to amaze us by her servant's heart and the way she cares for our family!!

We returned Saturday evening and then on Sunday I left again to take a planning retreat with my dear friend, Jenni. We had a wonderfully productive time, Sunday afternoon through Monday. I got many things thought through and planned out for the fall and winter. Thanks to my husband for releasing me on Sunday and to the Littrells for taking Selah and Michelle DeCarlo for taking Mckenna on Monday. You all served me so well! Here are a few pictures of Dave and my time away in Baltimore!


Our room looked like something out of Europe...very lush and extravagent!


We had a gas fireplace in our room, which Dave insisted on using for awhile, even though it was 90+ degrees outside!






We had a full spread each morning for breakfast. The food filled us up so much that we didn't need to eat for the rest of the day!





These 2 pictures were at the harbor. I had a hard time walking around, so we didn't walk too much, but it was a beautiful day on Friday and we sat at a cafe and got a drink and chatted.

Jerusha  – (9:26 PM)  

So glad you were able to get away. These are beautiful photos.

Cara  – (8:00 AM)  

Wow, Heather--what a gorgeous spot! I'm so pleased that you and Dave had some time together, and that it was refreshing for you. Happy 7 years!

Lola  – (6:40 PM)  

Times of refreshing! May they be more frequent in you life, dear one!
Love you,
Carmen

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP