2 important dates...

occurred last week, but I never got a chance to record them.

May 26th marked Alivia's 8 month birthday...she would have been 8 months old! At one point this past Saturday it dawned on me that she would be crawling by now and probably getting into everything. Later that day, Dave, the girls and I were enjoying the beautiful evening around our fire pit, roasting marshmallows (or as the girls call them, "mushmallows"). Dave and I were enjoying watching the girls run around and play together. Out of the blue he said that he missed that Alivia was not here too. I started to cry as I mentioned that she would be crawling all around in the grass, exploring. A tender moment, remembering her. How we continue to miss our little girl.

Then, this past Saturday marked exactly one year that we have been in our home. It's hard for me to believe. A whole year has gone by! Never would I have imagined what our first year in this home would hold for us, but we continue to be amazed at the blessing that this house is and how much of a home it has become. We are so grateful to God for it!

For over a week now, the following scripture has continued to meet me and come to mind often. It has served me as I have walked through this past week, marking two important dates in my book. The Lord has definitely sustained us and upheld us through all the events of the last year, as hard as many of them have been:

"If the Lord had not been my help,
my soul would soon have lived in the land of silence.
When I thought, “My foot slips,”
your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up.
When the cares of my heart are many,
your consolations cheer my soul." - Psalm 94:17-19

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP