If you won $500...

While spending some time with the girls outside today, I had the random thought, "what would I do if someone gave me/I won $500 today?"

And I'd love to know from you, what would you do if someone gave you/you won $500 today? The only stipulations are that you have to spend it on yourself/family and you have to spend it in a week.

For me...

1. I'd spend about $150 on a Flip video camera. I've wanted one of these for some time to capture more memories of my girlies.
2. Around $250 of it, I'd invest in some nice perennials and plants for my gardens. That sound like a lot, but they are pricey and I LOVE flowers.
3. The last $100 I would use to take my family out on a nice day trip somewhere...where we could built lots of fun memories, have lunch out and enjoy a day of life together!

So, I want to know...how would you use $500?

C.  – (2:20 PM)  

New floors in the house, repaint the puke green foyer, or remodel a bathroom. Most likely we'd use it for floors...but you know, $500 isn't all that much. Maybe go on a mini-vacation with Joe. That would be fabulous! OH! Maybe matching furniture in the living room :) instead of all my hand-me-downs.

Mrs. Ellis  – (7:33 PM)  

Last Fall Macy's had a fundraiser and Charissa and I went. We dropped our name in a box and I won a $5oo gift card but I think we had to spend it within 1 month.I took Rachel, Priscila.Hannah, and Charissa shopping and they got lots of goodies for hubbys, babies ,kiddies ,and themselves!! It was lots of fun!!A gift from God!( I got a new shirt and 2 for my husband too!)

Brandy  – (1:14 PM)  

$150 to buy a custom made picnic table I've been wanting for our back deck! $100 for my husband and I to go to our favorite restaurant "The Tasting Room". The remaining $250 would be spent on-well, outstanding debts (unfortunately). :O)

Mrs. Ellis  – (6:27 PM)  

I forgot my Laura went too!!She bought a breadmaker:-)

Rachael Boer  – (7:51 PM)  

I would buy a few more lace tees and tanks from www.downeastbasics.com (my favorite Mormon site for modest clothes!), then surprise my husband with some nice decorations for our new house -- pictures, picture frames, mirrors, candles, flowers, and other stuff to make our house feel "finished." Whatever was left over would go toward buying flowers for outside -- I'm with you on that, Heather!
Fun post idea... thanks for keeping up with blogging; I enjoy swinging by here every few days to see if you've posted anything. Grace to you and your family! -Rachael

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP