The present and the future

Once again, I was ministered to by the words of Spurgeon this morning. Fears of "what if..." seem to be many in my mind these days. I was encouraged to fix my eyes on the help that the Lord has always provided to me in the past and to allow His promises to be my hope....not my circumstances, how good or bad they may be now or in the future.

I will help you.
Isaiah 41:10

"Yesterday's promise secured strength for what we have to do today, but this promise guarantees help when we cannot act alone. The Lord says, 'I will help you.' Strength within is supplemented by help from without. God can raise up allies in our warfare if it seem good in His sight. Even if He doesn't send human assistance, He Himself will be at our side, and this is even better. 'Our august Ally' is superior to thousands of human helpers.

His help is timely, for He is the very present help in time of trouble (Ps. 46:1). His help is wise, for He knows how to give what is good for us. His help is effective, though futile is the help of friends. His help is more than help, for He carries all the burdens and supplies all the needs. 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?' (Heb. 13:6). Because He has already been our help, we feel confidence in Him for the present and the future.

Our prayer is, 'Lord, be my helper' (Ps. 30:10).
Our experience is, 'The Spirit also helps in our weaknesses' (Rom. 8:26).
Our expectation is, 'I will lift up my eyes to the hills--from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth' (Ps. 121:1).
Our song will be, 'You, Lord, have helped me and comforted me' (Ps. 86:17).

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP