When I don't know what to do

Nicole sent me this the other day. I am daily reminded, through the care of others in the means of email, of the love of my Savior. Thanks, Nicole!

"I read this verse the other day and I don't know if it will serve you or not but I thought I would send it in case. It's when King Jehoshaphat was faced with a large army coming his way and he prayed to the Lord: "We are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you. (2 Chronicles 20:12) I can't imagine what you are going through right now but if there are moments where you feel powerless and do not know what to do, I thought this verse might be a helpful prayer to cry out to God. Of course, God answered Jehoshaphat's prayer and He will surely answer yours. "When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him." (Psalm 91:15)

Also, I sent this to you via other means so if you've received this from me already I apologize. It's simply a quote from Beside Still Waters. I pray it reminds you of the faithfulness of God.

'Some of you are enduring deep affliction. In your extraordinary trial, remember the depth of divine faithfulness. You may be unable to comprehend why, but I urge you to believe in the firmness and stability of divine affection. You will have comfort in proportion to your trials...If you have deep afflictions you will obtain deeper proof of God's faithfulness....God will not fail. God will not take away His hand until He has finished His purpose concerning us. Great trials bring great promises...There is love, immortal and unchanging love, in heaven toward you, which will never grow cold. You will be helped. God would sooner cease to be than cease to be faithful. Be of good courage, for today He will strengthen your heart.' pg. 19"

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP