This quote ministered to my soul as I read it today. It's from the book, From Grief to Glory. I'm sure I will be quoting from it more in the days ahead. The author, James W. Bruce III is quoting a portion from Pilgrim's Progress. Oh how my heart aches beyond anything I have ever experienced in this life, the tears flow freely. But how grateful that the Lord has provided things like this for me to read...


"At the end of the story, Christian and Hopeful come within view of the gates of heaven. 'I further saw in my dream,' wrote Bunyan, 'that between them and the gate was a river, but there was no bridge to go over; and the river was very deep.' The two pilgrims enter the river, and Christian begins to sink in the deep waters, the billowy waves going over his head. He exclaims, 'The sorrows of death have compassed about me!'

Hopeful answers: 'These troubles and distresses that you go through in these waters are no sign that God has forsaken you; but they are sent to test you, so see whether you will recall the goodness, which up to now, you have received from Him and if you will live upon Him in your distresses. Be cheerful, Jesus Christ makes you whole.'

With that, Bunyan saw in his dream Christian crying out in a loud voice, 'O! I see Him again, and He tells me, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you." ' Then Christian and Hopeful both take courage; the enemy becomes as still as a stone, and so they cross over."

Lindsey Knott  – (9:12 AM)  

Heather,
Your strength and faith in the Lord is beyond any that I have encountered. THANK YOU for being a shining light and a true manifestation of God's grace and glory. It amazes me that amidst such suffering you still find the time to share with US what the Lord is sharing with YOU and how grateful I am to read it and be edified. We are praying for your family and know that in the end all things work for the good of those who love Him.

In Christ,
Brian and Lindsey Knott

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP