A milestone for Mckenna

Today, for the first time, Mckenna wrote her name all on her own. I was so proud of her...especially since she figured it out all by herself....well, almost all by herself. She came over to me, while I was feeding Alivia, and said, "Mom, I can't figure out what comes next." She had drawn this picture and on the top of the paper had an M and then a C. She was making the sound "K" and said "I just can't figure it out." I asked if she was trying to write her name and she said yes. I said a "K" comes next. She asked, "does it look like this?" and made the motions like she was writing one. I said yes! She ran back to the table and asked me what came next. I told her each additional letter. To my surprise I walked over later, when she was done, and saw this...



My little girl is growing up way too fast.

C.  – (7:40 AM)  

yay! For some reason it struck me funny that Mckenna's picture of herself shows her with straight hair! Isn't that true of all of us curly headed folks...we picture ourselves with straight hair

liqidimond  – (9:38 AM)  

wow, milestone indeed. she even has lowercase letters!

Cooper Family  – (11:06 PM)  

Very sweet indeed!

I love the self portrait! That is a worthy keepsake!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP