What a week!

This past week was about as full, exhausting and yet as wonderful as they come. I have so much to write, so many pictures to post, I'm not quite sure where to start...

This will be a long post!

Last Monday - we set out in the evening to go to Brookside gardens to watch the light show with a few families. As we arrived, I realized it would have been a great idea to look online and confirm times, etc....we got there to discover they were closed for the evening. But the kids could have cared less as we ended our time at Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream.

Tuesday - There was a slight change in plans for Dave's birthday, which was the next day, and I ended up spending the day cooking lasagna and a cherry pie to celebrate the next evening with our cluster group. In the evening some of us ladies surprised Esther Lee with an evening out to bless her with a little gift before her baby comes. It was a wonderful evening!

Wednesday morning - the BIG day! I woke up early and as I was brewing my tea, I decided to check email. I get a little IM from Charisa saying she was up!!! I knew something must be going on, given that she was up that early. Yep, she was having contractions and was getting ready to start timing them. About 2 hours later, I check in and she is getting ready to call the doctor. So, I get busy, getting the girls ready, myself a speedy shower and out the door to deliver them where they would stay for the day (Elizabeth, thanks so much for taking Mckenna and Kel, thanks so much for caring for Selah so I could be with Charisa). Then I rushed off to the hospital to meet up with Joe and Charisa. Then the long day began. Charisa ended up walking around for a number of hours to get herself to 3 cm, so she could be admitted. She had the option to go home for awhile, but she decided to just stick around. It took till almost 4pm or so to get to 5 cm. She was such a trooper. She made it to just about 6 cm before getting the epidural. After many more long hours and just a little rest, she was ready to start pushing. To all of our amazement, she only pushed for 17 minutes and out came Savanna! Everyone was so impressed by how well Charisa did. What a joy it was to be a part of this exciting time in their lives!

Needless to say, Dave's birthday was put on hold, so to speak. I had to cancel our dinner. Dave did not seem to mind and was so gracious! I arrived back home and got to bed around 3am. Then Selah woke up at 5am, but Dave graciously got her a bottle and was quiet as he got ready for work. I got to sleep a bit more and pulled myself out of bed around 7:30ish.

Thursday - Grateful for caffeine!!!! We had a few things we needed to do that day and was very aware of grace! That evening, we had Dave's birthday dinner and gave him his gifts. I think he was blessed ;o). Afterwards, I took Mckenna out to go and meet baby Savanna at the hospital. She was very excited...but somewhat distracted by the prospect of getting a promised lollipop later ;o). Next stop, Target, so Mckenna could pick out a Christmas gift for Papa and Selah. It ended up being a not-so-pleasant errand. After a fall Mckenna took in the store, which left her with a bloody nose spilling all over and many crying fiascos, a check-out computer crashing on us, and a long time in the manager's office, figuring out what happened on our credit card, we finally left the store. We spent over 2 hours in Target and left without a gift for Papa or Selah ;o). Oh well! I left realizing how much I need to grow in patience with my little girl! So, grateful for the Lord showing me that. Fell into bed late again.

Friday - In the evening Dave and I attended his company's Christmas party. It was a nice time. Good food and many laughs....we spent a good bit of time with Sam and Danna Wethje and that always provides us with pains in our sides from laughing so much! We also found out that day that Sam is getting deployed to Iraq on January 2 for a year, so it was bittersweet time as well. They are doing very well with it all and are trusting the Lord. Please pray for them.

Saturday - Dave took Selah to his family's Christmas gathering (his mom's side). He graciously allowed me to stay home with Mckenna. Mckenna and I wrapped presents and watched "A White Christmas." We had an early dinner when Dave got home and headed back out to my mom's house to drop the girls off. Then Dave and I were off to the Sheffer's Christmas party. What a wonderful time! That will definitely be one of our hightlights of the month. It was such an privilege to be counted among their friends!

Sunday - We were so grateful that my mom kept the girls overnight...I slept in till 7 that morning. Then, after church, came home, made lunch and crashed on the couch. I didn't read or anything...in fact, the whole afternoon is a blur to me now! But it was very restful! That evening we put Selah to bed early and Dave, Mckenna nad I watched...."A White Christmas" (yes, it's the only Christmas movie we have, but one of our favorites). I also wrapped presents!

Here we are a whole week later! Today the girls and I spent the day at mom's for our annual gingerbread cookie day. Mckenna had a blast helping every step of the way! Selah just toddled around and played with Nani's doll house. It was a day spent doing one of my favorite things...being at my old home, with my mom, baking!

As I write, I am filled with gratefulness as I recount the past week...grateful for family and friends, an incredible husband, newborn babies and the miracle of life, Christmas and all the traditions we share, and most of all, our Savior who makes all of these undeserved blessings a reality in my life.

pictures to come...it's time for bed!

Jerusha  – (7:33 AM)  

I'm so glad that you were able to rest and recover from such a busy week! We loved having you guys at our Christmas and are so grateful to have you in our lives.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP