Another crazy mom story

So, today I was trying to organize and go through Selah's winter clothes. Her room has been total chaos since Tuesday evening and we have been tripping over clothes. But to try to organize with her around...well, I don't get very far. This morning I cleaned up the breakfast dishes and noticed Selah climbing up into Mckenna's chair, going after the large amount of oatmeal that Mckenna left. My thought, "oh good, that will keep her busy for awhile." My second thought, "you are crazy!" Crazy maybe, but it would give me the chance to organize and put away. So, that's what I did. Every now and then I would hear the cling clanging of dish against table, but nothing big. About 20 minutes later, up comes Selah, covered from head to toe in oatmeal. I only glanced up briefly and wondered what the damage was downstairs. I finished up and then noticed oatmeal droppings everywhere Selah was walking upstairs. Turning her around, she had this huge glob of oatmeal stuck to her bottom and mushed into her clothes. Everywhere she toddled, some came off, leaving a trail that went all the way back to the kitchen. Yep, oatmeal everywhere! Table, chair, and floor...but her clothes were organized and put away and I could give thanks for oatmeal this morning. And realize what a crazy mom I am becoming!

My camera battery was charging so I couldn't get any pictures. But I'm sure you can easily imagine, if know our little Gracie...or are a crazy mom like me!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP