Laundry day

There is something about laundry day that I really enjoy. Around our house it's usually Monday when most of it gets done. There is often another day when I need to run an extra load to wash a needed "blankie" or something of the sort. But for some reason, I don't mind it...even all the sorting, folding, etc. I love the fresh smell of clothes and having all my favorite items clean to wear...it's almost like a fresh start to our week.

This week I thinking that, spiritually speaking, laundry day for me is how each new day is...fresh, with new mercies in it. Yesterday could have become soiled with anger or impatience or fear. For me, it always is. But because of the Cross, I can awake to a new day or moment or hour, washed clean by the blood of Jesus, and through repentance can have a clean, fresh start to honor and please my Savior. How grateful I am for new mercies that come with each day!! They provide hope for my soul when I am discouraged and aware of all my shortcomings. So, with each load of laundry I need to do, I want to use that opportunity to stop and remember what the Savior has done for me in providing a way for my heart to be washed clean and experience fresh mercies with each new day.

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lam. 3:22-23

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP