Happy Spring!

Yes, spring arrived today....well, actually yesterday at 8pm. But, to my dismay, today is the "official" first day of spring. I say that because of a little humbling mishap that happened to me yesterday ;o) I heard that Rita's Ice (a little walk-up shop that sells Italian ices and other treats) was giving away FREE italian ice on the first day of spring. So, excited me emailed some friends and Esther and Kelly graciously packed up all their kids to come along. We first went to a park and tried to get our kids to eat lunch as they played in the cold...yes, it was a bit chilly to be outside at a park. We didn't last long and then tried to find this little Rita's Ice shop. After driving around a little while we finally found it. Wondering why it was so empty, we ran up to get our free Italian Ices only to be informed that we had the wrong day...it's TODAY, not yesterday. Yes, I felt terrible, but Esther saved the day and had all the kids over to her house for ice cream.

Oh well! We never made it out again today, but I hear Rita's Ice is quite the place for summer treats. In fact I have a friend who used to travel an hour or so to go, before they opened up a shop near by in Germantown. Click here to visit their website and to find out if one is near you. We'll look forward to trying again sometime soon!

Matt  – (7:31 AM)  

That's great Heather! Yesterday when Matt informed me it was the first day of Spring, I replied, "No, I think it was yesterday, Rita's was giving away Italian ice!:)"
LOL!!
Helen

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP