Reading thoughts, 1

Per Dave's suggestion, I'll try to post some thoughts/reflections/good quotes from my times of reading.

I have come to realize how important it is to discipline and direct my thoughts. I will always be thinking about something and I need to be sure that I am thinking on the right things. According to Phil. 4:8-9, I must always be sure that my thoughts reflect what is TRUE and RIGHT. This means that Scripture prohibits me from allowing my imagination to come up with and dwell on situations that might be, but are not currently reality. This kind of thinking only leaves me anxious and fearful of future events. Such thoughts are not God-focused and are not viewed through the lens of future grace. Ther is only grace for TODAY! There is not grace for tomorrow, next week, next month or next year. When that day comes, there will be grace sufficient for it and the trials it holds. Matt 6:34 is a verse that has come to serve me so well:
“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

May you experience the abundant grace God has provided you for today!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP