Just what I needed

This past week Dave was gone, as I mentioned before, and toward the end of the week I was having a hard time keeping up with all I thought I should be doing. On Friday, I was spent a brief time reading and praying before getting Mckenna up. During that time, I felt impressed that I should email a particular friend, who I don't see often anymore, but is still dear to my heart. I emailed her asking for suggestions on practical things in this busy season of having a toddler and newborn. What she emailed me was so timely and precious and too good not to share with the rest of you young moms out there. I hope it encourages you, as it did me. Thanks, Lisa...so grateful to God for you and the time you took to encourage my soul!

Here is what she wrote:
"Oh my dear friend! You are in a really intense time. Rylie is only 2, but I do look back at my life a year and a half ago and it is really similar to what you are saying below. Babies take a lot of time. Babies and toddlers take more than the time you have 8) Heather, you are right where God wants you – in a busy time crying out to God because you are sinful, weak and desperate for His power. This is such a good place to be, even though it doesn’t always feel good.

Two words of practical advice: don’t compare yourself to other moms and I would recommend to not evaluate your life or even yourself today while you are tired and Dave is gone. Run to the foot of the cross, there alone you will find rest for your soul. The Holy Spirit is really good at specifically convicting, He will do it in His good time. He loves you and is so faithful.

Heather, rest in Him today. He is with you even if you are not getting a lot of time alone with Him. His word says that He is not a far off God; He is close, He is near. Love your little girls and slow down with your to do’s. They will get done when God wants you to get them done. The most important thing you can do today is run to your heavenly Father again and again. Let your little ones see you running to Him, crying out to Him. Remember His character. He is good, He is faithful, He is strong, He is forgiving, He is full of mercy, His is in control and sovereign over every detail of your life.

I will write you more soon, but for now I only had a few minutes and I figured that this is probably what you most need to hear...this is how Eric leads me and has led me when I am struggling. I am praying for you and will keep praying for you. Take a nap if you can 8) even if your house is a mess! Here are some scriptures to lead you to Him.

Love,
Lisa

John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

Mathew 11:28 “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”

Psalm 84 “Blessed are those whose strength is in you, in whose heart are the highways to Zion. As they go through the valley of Baca they make it a place of springs; the early rain also covers it with pools. They go from strength to strength; each one appear before God in Zion.”

Heb. 4:13 “For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP