I Love being a mom!

People often ask me if I am enjoying being a mom. I tell every one of them, it is the most wonderful thing I have ever done as well as the hardest. And it's so true! Nothing is more exhausting, draining and physically demanding with no sign of a break. It's a 24/7 job. But at the same time, nothing is more rewarding! Few joys can compare to the smiles I receive from my little girls or having my toddler run up to me and grab my neck in a huge embrace. Then there are the cute little things that Mckenna says that make me want to squeeze her...her little random sayings like, "I love you," or "whatcha doin' mom?" Yes, the midnight feedings are hard, but never does little Selah Grace cuddle into my neck like she does in the middle of the night. I love the smell of her baby skin as she drifts back to sleep on my shoulder. Sometime very soon she will be sleeping through the night, but then I will probably miss those quiet moments in the night to cuddle her. On those mornings when I am so tired and Mckenna is ball of energy, firing question after question after question, I sometimes am tempted to give up. BUT never will her voice be so high and sweet. And one day she won't need to ask all those questions and I will miss them.

There are moments when I am longing for 6 straight hours of sleep, or a few hours to casually run some errands, or even an hour to curl up and read a good book. But I would not trade the joy of being able to stay home with my children and having the privilege to transfer the gospel to them for any of those things. Yes, I love being a mom!

phoenix  – (3:13 PM)  

Hey yeah, I was just browsing blogs, and i dont mean to be all creepy lol but this is awesome, Not many mothers would say that; they'd usually complain about how terrible their kids are and how awful their life is. I really admire how you loo for the good the good in a life a with children. Now im not a mother, heck, im not even out of high school but thats the kind of mom i want to be someday. :)

God Bless!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP