A hard lesson learned

Well, Dave was right, as he usually is...but I guess I was just in a hurry as I tried to muli-task about 10 different things at the same time. I am sure all you moms can relate to this story and I have to say that I am already laughing about it...Ok, let me back up. Our day around here has been busy and a little crazy as usual. I got the girls up a little later this morning as they were both so quiet and I took the opportunity to have a little longer quiet time. Well, we then had to hurry a bit to get out the door to go grocery shopping. As today was also going to be laundry day, I dragged all the hampers to the basement, in between bites of yogurt. Then as the baby is screaming, I throw a load in and then feed her as I munch on a banana all while instructing Mckenna to get her shoes on so we can go. Last minute, Kel graciously offered to take Mckenna while I went (thanks kel!!!).

Once I got home with both girls, we unloaded the packages and Mckenna wanted something to eat. So, grabbed her some grapes and tried to just get the perishables in the fridge...baby starts crying again, oops, must be feeding time. We accomplish that and I again return to try to get the perishables in the fridge. Taking some items to the downstairs fridge, I see all the piles of laundry still there. "I can throw another load in before I go back upstairs," I think as Mckenna is in tow behind me. However, it's also almost time for her nap...but I think that it will only take a second to get a load in. Then I notice there are two white shirts sitting out from last week that probably need a touch of bleach to take out the spot on them.

Backing up again in time...over the past week I have been trying to pick up some clothes for the winter as I'm still in transition with sizes after having the baby. Haven't had much success as my shopping trips are a little hurried (only have a few hours before coming back to feed the baby). However, I did get one shirt this past weekend. I really love it. And it's what I am wearing today. So, back to my story. With my brand new JCrew shirt on, I think, "just a dab of bleach, no problem." However, at the same time I also remember how Dave is always telling me that I should change my clothes when working with bleach! But with my perishables not yet put away yet, Mckenna needing a nap, etc. etc....I drag out the bleach. Well, with little hands and fingers in the way and a clumsy mom, you probably already have guessed what happened. Yep, my brand new sea green shirt is now adorned with white spots. When it first happened I almost cried. But I know there are many lessons to be learned from this!!! Most importantly, my husband is a wise man and I should always change my clothes when working with bleach!

Rachel  – (1:26 PM)  

this makes me laugh, heather, because earlier today i also had a laundry mishap because i was trying to do too many things at once! the washer/dryer in our new apartment is about three times smaller than our old ones so i have been impatiently trying to work through a mound of laundry in the past couple of days in between unpacking, organizing, errands, setting up the apartment, etc. too impatient to check through all of the pockets like jeremy keeps encouraging me to do! well, when i pulled out my yellow towel covered with red spots and a blue shirt covered with the same, i realized i probably should have take the time. i discovered not one but TWO chapsticks at the bottom of the dryer... oh well! guess i need to slow down! :o)

DC  – (6:29 PM)  

Love, you are worth more than a billion unblemished sea green J.Crew shirts. Those can be replaced.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP